Survey Reveals Leaders Focus on Creating an Operational Foundation for Cross-Departmental Data Analysis and Decision-Support
BOSTON, MA — July 17, 2006 -
Investment in enterprise CDM is driven by the need to gain visibility across customers, channels and distributors. Aberdeen’s benchmark data demonstrates that leading organizations primarily measure the value of customer data management through downstream benefits (KPI’s) and/or quarterly data effectiveness indicators.
According to ‘Customer Data Management: How Leaders Attain Tangible ROI”, companies that exemplify “best in class” practices attained greater than 20% annual improvement in three key metrics:
- Data accuracy or match rates
- Partner satisfaction levels
- Customer retention rates
To create an operational foundation for data analysis and decision-support, high performing organizations plan to improve their management of customer data in several critical areas:
- Extend or integrate their Customer Relationship Management systems to increase sales and support visibility across customers, channels, distributors.
- Migrate to Service Oriented Architecture Platforms at rates 2X higher than other benchmarked groups.
- Extend their ERP usage to standardize customer records captured for analysis.
- Invest in customer data integration (CDI) and data quality (DQ) solutions at rates twice that of below average performers.
- Selectively out-source to third-party service providers.
“Leading companies consistently focus on growing revenues and retaining customers.” stated Leslie Ament, research director of Aberdeen’s customer intelligence practice. “Our research demonstrates high performing organizations focus on creating an operational foundation for cross-departmental data analysis and decision-support in order to improve customer service levels, reduce operational costs, increase revenues and enhance customer satisfaction rates. Moreover, we found that 85% of those surveyed, across both B2B and B2C industries, plan to invest in customer data management services and solutions within the next 12-24 months.”
Aberdeen’s ‘Customer Data Management: How Leaders Attain Tangible ROI” benchmark research was launched with support from the Customer Management Community and DM Review.
About Aberdeen Group
Aberdeen Group, Inc. provides fact-based research and insights focused on the global, technology-driven value chain. Aberdeen’s benchmarking, market and solution assessments, sales acceleration programs, and conferences support Global 5000 value chain and technology executives -- and the solution providers who serve them. For more information, visit www.aberdeen.com or call 617-723-7890.